And by hot, I mean in more ways than one. If “greed is good”, then Sandwich Lease Options are Sexy! They’re a great tool in this dynamic real estate market. What do I mean when I say Sandwich lease options are sexy? I mean in a way that makes everyone in the deal feel good about themselves and the other people involved. I’ve always said that sandwich lease options are win-win-win deals for everyone involved, which is why I think they have so much appeal.
Something for Everyone!
Do you think of hot or sexy as being very exciting, attractive, and alluring? A successful sandwich lease option is all of that and more! It’s about negotiations that put a smile on the homeowner’s face, a smile on the buyer’s face, and on the investor’s face (yours).
What homeowners find exciting about sandwich lease options:
- Sandwich lease option professionals (you) manage the process for them.
- The seller needs cash right away, without waiting for a sale.
- They can move out on very short notice.
- Little or no maintenance and repairs required.
- A solution when they can no longer afford the house.
- The seller doesn’t have enough equity to pay a realtor commission.
- The seller wants a fast solution rather than foreclosure.
- Recently married with the bride and groom both previously owning a home.
- Built or bought a new home without selling their previous home.
- Inherited a house in another city or the person has no need for the inherited house.
- Landlords that are burned out from dealing with calls about a plugged kitchen sink on Sunday morning from tenants who never pay the rent on time.
- Landlords that are ready to retire.
- Vacation homes that are not used or the owner retired to it and has a vacant first home back in the city.
- Seller wants to keep the tax deductions until the sale.
- And many, many more…
What tenant/buyers find attractive about sandwich lease options:
- They don’t need a full down payment.
- Monthly rent credit might apply towards the down payment.
- They want time to build their credit to get a better interest rate on their loan.
- They have ample income but not enough documentation for banks.
- Pre-arranged sales price.
- They want to live in a home for a while before they commit to buying it.
- They want the ability to save money long-term before purchasing a home.
- They have few, if any, other options.
- You’ll learn more reasons simply by asking when they call you.
What investors find sexy about sandwich lease options:
- Low or no-cost investment.
- Low or no risk.
- Control the property for very little cash.
- Helping buyers and sellers find solutions to their problems.
- Easy to understand and execute.
- Top dollar option prices in today’s tight market.
- Three paydays – option fee, monthly rent, final sale.
- Strong demand from prospective buyers.
- Plenty of sellers when you know where to look.
- Maintenance and repair responsibilities almost always belong to either the seller or buyer.
- Rents must be paid on time to apply a small percentage to the down payment.
- There are plenty of quick-closing deals out there right now.
Here’s the thing – sellers and buyers who would be attracted to sandwich lease options often don’t even know these are a possibility. They certainly don’t know how to put a win-win-win deal together. That’s where you come in as the sandwich lease options expert.
What’s Better Than a Low Cost and Low Maintenance?
Real estate investing comes in more strategies than only buying, renting, fixing, and flipping. Those options tend to be high-maintenance. Problems come up at the worst times. Landlords have to make emergency repairs. Contractors have to be managed. There are accounting problems. And there are many other reasons you don’t want all of the responsibility that comes with being the owner.
Sandwich lease options are a great alternative to more traditional strategies. Sandwich lease options are a low cost, low-maintenance, low hassle way for you to find interested buyers before you even own the property that you’re going to sell.
Traditional landlords have three big fears (risks) that sandwich lease option landlords avoid or at least minimize.
- A vacant rental when the landlord has a mortgage to pay is a big fear and risk.
- Maintenance and repairs are big costs for traditional landlords.
- Property damage is still another big cost and fear that traditional landlords face.
This is where it gets really good, because these are NOT fears and costs with sandwich lease options. The little bit of management time you do put in is mostly done upfront to put the deal together. Sandwich lease options are NOT about cleaning out rain gutters and fixing a broken water heater. A properly written agreement makes the tenant responsible for many major and all minor maintenance as the future owner of the home. The few repairs tenants are not responsible for go back to the homeowner. As the sandwich lease option investor, you have control but very little responsibility for maintenance and repairs.
What I Want for You!
If you are willing to learn, I can show you the way. But you have to be committed to the process. You’ll have it a lot easier though and here’s why! Throughout my years in real estate, I’ve made many mistakes, I admit, but one of the many benefits of making a mistake is it becomes a teaching moment for you.
When it comes to sandwich lease options, you need to think like the people you are trying to attract to your business. When you are looking for people willing to sell on a lease option, you think about the issues these people are trying to solve and what solutions you can bring to the table. The same thing is true when you are looking for buyers. What problems are they having and what solution are you offering? There is nothing better than a win-win-win solution for everyone involved.
I don’t want to see you make the same simple (and sometimes costly) mistakes I made when I was getting started. If you are ready to get started investing in real estate with sandwich lease options and begin closing deals in the next 30 days, you’ll need the right courses and contracts.
So how do you become a sandwich lease options expert? Well, I’ve laid out a plan that has been proven to work for almost anyone:
- You learn the basics: Investing In Real Estate With Lease Options.
- Next are the details: Buying and Selling with Lease Options.
- Create your Wealth Building Arsenal.
- Personalized Coaching.
Being a top-performing expert in sandwich lease options means knowing all of the possible ways that are available. As you uncover unique situations, you need other specialized tools and methods that include:
These are the exact actions you need to take today. I can’t wait to hear about your first deal!
By Wendy Patton
For more than 30 years, I’ve used the Sandwich Lease Option System to earn myself and my students millions of dollars. From my experience, I know there is plenty of room and opportunity in the real estate investment market for everyone wanting to participate to find profitable deals. It’s because of that fact and my personal success that I share the Sandwich Lease Option System with others.
If you found this information useful, please visit again soon at wendypatton.com.
What did you think of this article? Please leave a comment below.